There is no standardization in the types or quality of physical therapy services available to the public, so we encourage you to be a discerning consumer. Although we are unique in our specialty areas, our essential service is physical therapy. We believe that you deserve to get the most out of your investment of time and money when you come to PT, so we use a service model designed to give that to you.
- All of your appointments are scheduled for at least an hour (including documentation time*).
- Your appointments are never double-booked or “dovetailed” with other clients.
- You are
engagedone-on-one with your clinician.
- You will have a primary clinician (not an aide
),but may also work with other clinicians to take advantage of their unique expertise or for other reasons to make sure your needs are met. It is not unusual for us to collaborate with other clinicians of many backgrounds who are outside our practice, even other physical therapists.
Your health insurance may limit your number of visits, and even with great insurance you will have some out-of-pocket expense, so make sure you get the best value for your investment.
*Some insurance companies outsource the administration of their rehabilitation benefits to a third-party company that
We emphasize skilled therapy techniques that are proven to make a difference;
Biomechanical Analysis is the scientific study of movement and force. It is the “how” and “why” of injury and performance limiters. For legitimate analysis, technological tools and advanced training are required, which are rarely found anywhere available to the public. Accurate analysis with expert interpretation of your movement is what sets us apart, allows us to identify causes and link together multiple problem areas, and created highly-targeted treatment strategies. Please see the section on P.E.A.R.L. (Performance Enhancement and Rehab Lab).
aka Body-work, involves using hands and tools to affect body tissues and structures. We take an eclectic approach in our training to be able to employ a variety of manual therapy skills, typically blending manual therapy with NeuroMuscular Re-education. We prefer to practice a variety of manual therapy concepts to allow creative application, rather than learn and use isolated and branded techniques. Methods include;
- Myofascial release
- Joint mobilization
- Active myofascial release
- Taping (Providers and distributors of RockTape, but utilize many taping strategies)
- IASTM Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
NMR involves the ability to identify and retrain multiple body systems to make appropriate changes to your posture and movement. It goes way beyond strengthening muscle, and involves:
- Teaching your brain how to recruit target muscles
- Possible use of Surface Electromyography for objective analysis and biofeedback training (See P.E.A.R.L. services)
- Altering your sensation and perception of how your body works and how to control it
- Creating new movement patterns (motor control) to overwrite faulty ones, and evolving your skill to make these patterns controlled by your subconscious during your sport or activities of daily living.
- Advanced clinical training in PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation) and employ our biomechanical tools with educated creativity to find the most effective retraining strategies for you.
A critical element to musculoskeletal function is the ability for joints, muscles and fascia to move sufficiently enough to allow optimal movement patterns. Mobility therefore goes hand in hand with NeuroMuscular Re-education. Dysfunction, compensation, injury and pain occur when there are limitations in these systems. We use manual therapy to improve mobility, but will emphasize an educational approach to promote the more effective strategy of teaching you how to treat yourself. We show you customized exercises to treat your specific limitation. We also stock a variety of tools available for purchase for your convenience, such as mobility bands, mobility floss, foam rolls, mobility balls, etc
Patient Education and Problem Solving
You are a vital element of our collaborative team to help create treatment strategies that will provide the greatest value in your life. There is no “one size fits all” approach here. Teach you and learning from you are essential for success.
Basic strength and conditioning is included in our treatment plan. All of our clinicians have also been certified in, and have personal experience in, coaching and participation in various athletic disciplines.
The AlterG is a rare and highly valuable tool for accelerating rehabilitation, go to the AlterG page for more information.
Custom foot orthotics
We specialize in the most evidenced-based orthotic designs and modifications around. Go to the Orthotics page for more information.