Knowing what your insurance will cover prior to your first appointment gives you peace of mind and helps to prevent any unexpected detours or surprises from happening down the road. But health insurance isn't always easy to understand, and there are sometimes specific requirements that may or may not be necessary in order for your insurance to cover your visits here at Prevail.
Benefits and Eligibility - Things you want to know:
In order to understand your benefits, we recommend you give your insurance company a call. Below are some basic prompts you can follow to find out more information about your coverage.
- Determine whether or not your insurance is "in-network" with Prevail, or if it is an "out of network" plan. You can call or email us to determine this distinction.
- Look on the back of your insurance card and call the number that is associated with the word "Customer" or "Member."
- Follow the prompts and give the necessary information needed in order for the system to pull up your benefits.
- Review your eligibility and benefits for Physical Therapy (either in network or out of network).
- If the automated message is difficult to understand, you can always ask for a "representative", "customer service", or an "agent." Most insurance companies will then direct you to an employee.
- Never be afraid to ask them questions! If you don't understand your benefits, they are there to help.